Monday, October 5, 2009

Fine Motor Skills.....

Calling all K1 Parents..............

Colder temperatures have arrived & I need some help from home. Please work with your child to help them master the zip, snap & button skills. Many of the children are having difficulty snapping or buttoning their jeans/pants as well as their jackets & coats. If you take a few minutes each evening to practice these fine motor skills, this will be a tremendous help to me as I'm doing an amazing amount of these 3 things every day!!!
Also, anytime you feel your child is ready, tackle the "tie your shoe" skill. It will be slow going at first, but practicing a few times each evening will lead to success --- eventually!! I've tied so many shoes since the beginning of school, I'm beginning to dream about inventing a self-tying shoe!
Thanks for all your help & support at home. :)

No comments: