Monday, October 19, 2009

Saving Your Child's School Work

I came across a great idea in the October Real Simple magazine & thought it would be worth sharing with K1 parents. A woman from Idaho wrote when her children brought home school artwork she hung each piece on the refrigerator & with the child standing beside the artwork, she snapped a photo. In doing so, she & her children could part with the original work while standout pieces of artwork were framed & displayed. Later, the snapshots were placed in photo albums for future reminiscing.
This sounded to me like a very clever idea as well as a great way of organizing your child's schoolwork. I know we mom's would like to save almost everything our child does at school, but it soon proves to be impossible. I sure wish I had thought of this idea when my children were growing up. If so, my husband & I would have 3 less boxes & way more extra space in our upstairs closet!

No comments: