Saturday, July 10, 2010

K1 Visits Miss Sadie

I just found this class picture & realized I'd forgotten to post it on our K1 Class Blog. This group shot was taken on the morning we did our walking trip to the Knox Pubic Library. On our way back to school we took a little side trip & stopped to visit my puppy Sadie. During the month of May she rode to Knox with me each morning where I dropped her off at a friend's house to spend the day.
Now that school is out, Sadie & I have been very busy doing some of our favorite things... learning to swim, running errands, "chillin" on our deck w/GIANT ice cubes, & picking up/chewing tree limbs that fall in the yard.
I hope your children are having a fun summer vacation as well. Is everyone remembering to practice their flash card words & counting to 100 every now & then? I'd hate for anyone to forget all the things they learned in Mrs. Finotti's Kindergarten class over their summer break!!

And just in case you haven't heard the news - it's official. I'm now retired ... as of the end of our 2010 school year.
My entire life has evolved around the Keystone School District starting first as a Keystone student myself many years ago & now ending with 35+ years as a Keystone teacher. Who could have ever guessed that??
Teaching will always be in my heart & even in retirement I'm taking on a different kind of teaching job... training Miss Sadie!! I'll certainly miss the students & my faculty friends at Keystone, but plan to stop in for plenty of visits. Take care, everyone, & be sure to say "Hello" when you see me in places other than school!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: